Friday, February 29, 2008

day 19-20: dallas part 4

Happy Leap Day! It's been nice to have some days off, but the itch to play is starting to surface... yesterday Reid and Tifah left for Oregon (Reid's brother got married today). As the saying goes, when the cat's away, the mice will play. Or something to that effect...

Dann and I have been working on Ableton, the computer program we're switching to for looping. Basically, it used to take 2 buttons to do my looping - and now it is 200 buttons contained in 20 banks on 2 separate channels. A little overwhelming, to say the least! I compare it to moving from a studio apartment (tiny but you know where everything is) into the Pentagon (sooo many hallways with so many doors that lead to so many unknown secret things...well, not that I've ever been to the Pentagon, but one can imagine). Luckily for me, Dann is a pretty smart guy. Any time I have a question, it takes him about .0329 seconds to figure out the solution.

Mostly I've been hanging out with Brooke. Some of what we've been up to...

Hanging out with highschool girls Brooke works with at Student Venture. This is Jordan, who I met at a show a few months ago.

PowerPumping.
(no pic - the camera is not that attached)



Baking. (That's right, I do in fact bake about once a year.) The specialty of the evening was an Earl Grey chocolate cake. Tea? My favorite! Chocolate? Delicious! Both together in the form of a cake? Yes, please!



Brooke doing most of the work. I was also hard at work, taking about 20 "artistic" pictures of the bowls and spoons...



Dying the bottom half of my hair "Darkest Brown"... which makes for a grand total of 4 different colors on my head.

Hmmm, so those are all the appearances the camera made. A majority of my other goings-on have not been very photo-worthy, as they have included a lot of me blowing my nose and trying not to get more congested. Maybe I'm allergic to Texas?

6 comments:

Dann said...

brilliant!

Kim for the Kings said...

Texas Road House? Did I dream that yesterday? Definitely blog-worthy! ;)

How'd the cake turn out? Sounds absolutely delicious! Is the recipe online? allrecipes? recipezaar?

Love ya gobs!!!

Brooke said...

hey Kim...I have the recipe its a secret, but I think I can share it with you if you want...maybe Aubs can send me your email or vise versa. Thanks Aubs, this week was a blast with you!

Harley Willys said...

Sounds like things are going well. Watch those toll roads (they are not served with toll house cookies!)

Shutterbugg02 said...

I'm allergic to Texas and I've never lived anywhere else. My recommendation is to stop by the nearest Walgreens or CVS. Go to the pharmacy and ask them for Alavert-D. It is a miracle drug. The "D" means decongestant and it works.

Melissa said...

Your blog readers need an update! What happened on Saturday, Sunday, and today???

I love you, Aubs!