Saturday, February 23, 2008

day 14: okc part 3

I've been trying to think of a clever way to start this post...but nothing is coming, so I'll just start. I'm over Oklahoma. No offense to the state or the wonderful people that live here... but I may have only brought one sweater with me (yes, perhaps I was too optimistic about the overall weather we would encounter!) and am ready to wear some lighter (and, uh, cleaner) layers.

Tifah and I had rehearsal with Joel and his band (the 2 of us are playing with them tomorrow), and I was reminded of the odd experience of playing with different/unfamiliar musicians. While it's unsettling, it's also stimulating to create music with strangers. The drummer in Joel's band also plays viola, and I was totally digging our string "duets." In fact, I told Tif we definitely need a violist in The Autumn Film (so if you guys know of anyone...)

Juli, Dann and Reid picked us up and we headed to Tulsa, where Tifah and I were supposed to play an acoustic set at a sushi bar. However, 30 minutes into the drive, we found out it was cancelled. Soooo, with sad hearts and empty stomachs (no more free sushi for us), we turned around and spent the next few hours at the movie theater. Let me just assure you that it is not worth your money to see "Be Kind Please Rewind" or "Jumper." Well, unless you come to OK - matinees here are only $3.50!

I miss you guys and wish you could all be here... oooh, if anyone wants to invest in a motor home or something, we could all just live together and travel the country! Any takers?

P.S. There is a new video posted on Day 10. ;)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hey Aubrea, I miss you guys a lot. Your blogs are really funny. I read them every day:) keep them coming! And come home soon:)

ashlyn said...

i'm over the tour. come back to boulder and live with me again :) miss you!

Unknown said...

hey, i liked "be kind rewind" - but i saw it free with a gift certificate ;-)

Erica said...

I had to leave a note, simply because the link says "# people love me today"!!!! Did you call Mark????

Melissa said...

I agree with Ash. I'm over the tour. Come home! :)