Friday, February 15, 2008

day 6: springfield

My name is Octavia and I like to tango.

Since "Aubrea" isn't the most commonly heard name in the world, I often get called random variations. I think today takes the cake, as I was called "Octavia." I can't remember the story that followed, but somehow the tango was mentioned, and now I guess I have an all-new identity. :)

After walking a few blocks around Springfield, MO, I must retract some of my statements yesterday regarding boys wearing tight girl jeans everywhere I happen to look. I am very happy to report that today I have only witnessed appropriately dressed guys wearing Diesel Jeans, my favorite guy jeans brand ever (hint, hint to no one in particular).

Anyway, as this is not a blog on fashion, I'll just go ahead and move on...

We got to Springfield this morning around 3:30 after a longer-than-expected 3 hour drive. Apparently Google Maps is not omniscient, but luckily I love driving through the night, even without the aid of caffeine.

After waking up around noon (it's been difficult adjusting to a new sleep schedule...), we hung out with our friend Amy and her new boyfriend (!) Zach, watched the latest episode of Lost (seriously, that show is getting crazy), and headed to the venue. Tonight we played at my favorite place so far that we've played on this tour (yeah, I know we've had a whopping 4 shows...) - a sweet art gallery that had CLEAN bathrooms!!!

Next we are headed to a party at Zach's house. Thanks for all the comments and love!

3 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

Your comment about the bathrooms cracked me up. One of Greg's friends from AZ was in Boston a few months back with his band, and the entire band stayed in our apartment! (Ah! Crazy but soo much fun!) Hearing their hilarious stories, their favorite venues to play at were often times related to the quality of bathrooms and backstage amenities. :0) Oh life on the road...

shauna said...

Octavia...i want aubrea back. i like her better.

i miss you. have fun! :)

Shutterbugg02 said...

I just realized I forgot to watch Lost...


Darnit...

Well, Octavia, that's your spy name now. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

LOVE YOU!!!