Wednesday, February 20, 2008

day 11: camden, ak

Where is Camden, you ask?

That is a great question. While we might be in Camden at the moment, I have no idea where it actually is. After leaving Little Rock, we drove on some roads (not all of them very interstate-like), and ended up pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Um literally. However, this "nowhere" at least has a Holiday Inn Express, with big rooms and free wi-fi! That's about it. In fact, I'm not sure if anyone lives here...

At our show tonight, there were 8 people in attendance. 7 of those consisted of the other bands and the last was the sound guy. Oh wait - I almost forgot - a random teenager (bless him) did walk in right after our set ended. Yeah, so you might say tonight was more like a glorified rehearsal, with speakers that were so hot, all we could smell was something burning...

The rest of the show we were treated to blaring screamo music, which left my ears ringing from no melodies, the same chord progressions, and the bass DAHDAHDAHDAHHH over and over... therefore, I am now listening to the soundtrack from "Once" so that I can remember what music sounds like. (Hopefully the other bands will not somehow stumble across my blog and read my stellar review of their noise-making). ;)

Tomorrow begins our trek west and to (predominantly) more populated cities...

1 comment:

Brooke said...

At least you're getting a good tour of the country possibly less traveled, seeing whats out there...and yeah you should post up some videos or pics so we can see all of you in action!