Monday, February 25, 2008

day 16: dallas part 1

Today was payday!!! It's pretty convenient that we all have different banks... and that our band account is at an even different bank than our individual accounts. It's also pretty convenient for me that my bank is apparently the Loser Bank, with locations only in Colorado, Oklahoma, and Minnesota.

Today was also Band Errand day... we are definitely a 5-person family with 1 car to share. But our spirits were high, since it was so amazingly WARM and gorgeous (yes, I know we're in Texas) outside! (It's hard not to be at least somewhat happy when you can roll down the windows and remember what the sun feels like.) After returning home, the boys disappeared to their newly-appointed workshop (the upstairs media/office room) for hours... evidently they were taking apart stuff, soldering other stuff, and building new stuff. In fact, it's almost 1am as I type this, and Reid just made his first appearance for the first time in approximately 12 hours...

(Oh, and a moment to brag on Dann: my Line 6 delay pedal has been acting up this past week, and after a many phone calls, trips to various electronic parts stores, and more soldering and unsoldering and re-soldering, he has completely fixed it for a whopping 74 cents - when Line 6 would have charged in the $100s for the repair. Yay Dann - thanks for fixing everything I own that breaks!)

While the boys were blissfully working away, us girls drove about 30 minutes (welcome to the massive Dallas suburbs) to the nearest Whole Foods for a little shopping. From my first step inside, I was pretty elated - because it was just like being in Boulder. It's interesting to me to see my reaction to anything that feels "normal" or that reminds me of home... when I walked into 24 Hr Fitness this morning I pretty much jumped up and down with a huge grin on my face (yikes, embarrassing...)

Well, on that note, I'll probably just say goodnight. I seriously love you guys and look forward to seeing you!!! I'll definitely jump up and down for that! :)

3 comments:

Shutterbugg02 said...

When are ya gonna be in my city??

Kim for the Kings said...

We'll see who jumps the highest! :)

mandy said...

so good to talk to you last night. :) i like hearing your voice.