Tuesday, February 26, 2008

day 17: dallas part 2

Da-da-daaa: I now have a camera (on loan) and will be posting pictures to add some 2.0 megapixel glory to all these words and stories!

One of my best friends ever (and former roommate), Brooke, lives 16 minutes away from where we are staying (thank you mapquest for that exact minute detail)! This is fantastic on many levels, one of which means lots of hang out time for the next few days.

-hi, brookie!-

While Reid and Tifah were out, she came over for the grand tour of Juli's mom's house and got to hear the nitty gritty about life on the road... Back in Spring '05, Brooke, Juli, and I hung out literally every day (she was Juli's and my first "manager" in the days we played out on Pearl Street and dreamed about being in a band together) and it was fun for the 3 of us to pull out some of the old "remember when's."

Dann was upstairs in the "workshop" figuring out the complexity of Ableton Live (we're going digital, baby!), and we pulled him away from the binary code in search of a good cup of coffee in Plano. As much as Juli loves Starbucks (that would be a joke), we chose a less corporate establishment where I enjoyed a Nutty Cow.

-a toast to joe-


-so happy together-

While also being one of my favorite people, Brooke is also quite the concert promoter. After discovering that the more people that come to our shows, the more money we make, she emailed 128 of her friends here in Dallas about our show next week. I started to email people, but then got distracted. (Crap - I just remembered I still need to do that...)

Sports have seriously been lacking in my life as of late, so thank God for high school sports in Texas (hey, I'll take what I can get)! Brooke and I bundled up (yeah, so, it was COLD today... whatever, Texas) to watch the Plano High Girl's Soccer team defeat their rivals 4-0. Go Wildcats!

The rest of the evening has included watching some of the presidential debates and taking lots of herbs to fight off the colds that are threatening to overtake us (today was the first day I have ever seen Reid cough in the 2 years I have known him... apparently he nevereverever gets sick). Ok, time for more echinacea.

3 comments:

Moving Rushmore said...

"After discovering that the more people that come to our shows, the more money we make..."
haha... nice :)

Shutterbugg02 said...

Oooh! Don't get sick!! The flu has been terrorizing Texas this season. It's BAD. It'll take you down for at least 2 weeks if you get it.

Please be careful!

Can't wait to seeeee you!!!!

Kim for the Kings said...

Oh COME TO BOSTON! We'll recruit for you big-time! :) Money, money, money... LOL!