Wednesday, February 27, 2008

day 18: dallas part 3

Our show today was at noon - 12 hours earlier than our usual gig time. So the 10am departure felt earlier, too. :) We played a concert for the performance class at Collin College (known as CCCC), the school Juli went to before transferring to good ole Baylor. Back in my music major days, performance class was never a favorite (ie: required) and rarely appreciated (ie: an average of 3 per week). However, I would have been quite pleased to be a student at CCCC today, sitting in my required class and enjoying music of a not-so-classical genre.

As promised, my new/yet old/but not-really-mine camera has been attached at the hip... so I'll get on to the pictures:


a white board in the atrium announcing our show (much cooler than a poster - don't you think?)


the black box theatre


soundcheck makes them happy


writing the set list



the rockstar returns to her old stomping grounds


my mess. the boys are going to build me a pedal board!

Interspersed between our songs, we talked about the writing process and what it's like doing everything independently in the music business. Some of the students hung around afterwards to ask questions, and it hit me that I was the one answering questions, instead of asking them... I felt really thankful for this stage of what we are doing - that while it's a long and tedious process with even more work ahead, at least our journey has already begun and we're not at Square 1.

Juli's sweet dad took us out for lunch, and on our way there, we saw...

the first official palm tree of the tour! (i think i was the only one excited)

Our next adventure included our very first band trip to the mall. Dann was in search of new hair (in the form of a new haircut) and new shoes.
dann before


and after


hhhotttt

During the above transformation, Reid rode the escalators making business calls and us girls kept ourselves busy... I ran into a glass wall (that I thought was a door) because I saw a huge picture of Tony Romo... I was just so excited about the photo opp that I bolted into the nearest "entrance." I'm sure Tony would appreciate my newly-bruised knee, just as the onlookers appreciated this unexpected laugh...

after the "run in"

Juli and Tifah testing out products:

"juli, smell - it smells real good!"


"ewww!"



not only does he have new hair, ladies and gentlemen... he has new shoes. mission accomplished!

So I'd say our first outing to the mall was both successful and eventful. Juli and Dann proclaimed that they were worn out from the event, to which Tifah responded, "But we've only been here for an hour!"

And that, folks, is what I've got for you today... this post has taken me quite some time to create (in the realm of 3+ hours), and I think it's high time for me to leave my computer now.

4 comments:

mandy said...

Yay for photos! :)

Shutterbugg02 said...

You make me laugh... :o)

So, you pulled a Rachel? HAHAH!! Running into a glass wall... HAHAHAHAHA!! She ran into a light post on the street and knocked herself down... sounds like her, huh! :-)

LOVE YOU!!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEEEEE YOU!!!

Kim for the Kings said...

How exciting! The pictures make me feel like I'm there with you!

Terese Cox said...

Love the pictures...and the story about the glass wall!!! :)