Friday, February 22, 2008

day 13: okc part 2

Well, the air mattresses weren't completely fixed like we had previously thought... this was discovered shortly after turning off the lights as I felt like I was somehow sinking slowly towards the ground... Along with being quite cold (despite my 3 layers of clothing), this all resulted in few hours of sleep and a groggy day today...

In Oklahoma City, everything seems to be gray (the sky) or beige (the buildings) with not much green (to give the city some credit, it is still winter). We had lunch with Joel and his friends at a popular burger joint, then had a few hours to chill before heading to the venue.

Tonight was a great show - we had a fantastic turnout (of course, anything is fantastic after playing a show where no one showed up!) and shared the bill with some really quality bands. Plus, our green room was supplied with delicious catering! My friend Mindy from college (another friend I haven't seen in years) came and hung out.

Afterwards we all went out to Bricktown, which is like the newer downtown section of OKC. Just like the name implies, all the buildings are brick (so maybe the city isn't as gray as I thought earlier today) - pretty hip location.

Alright, I'm off to bed so I can hopefully get up in enough time to make it to the Farmer's Market tomorrow...

1 comment:

Kim for the Kings said...

Ooo, did you make it to the Farmer's Market?! Sounds delic!