Thursday, February 14, 2008

day 5: co-lum-bee-uh

I am so tired of seeing boy's tighty-whity/colored underwear hanging 6 inches out of their tight girl-jeans. (Thanks Reid and Dann for having more taste than that). Seriously, what is it about these boy "rockers"? It's quite unfortunate for me that I am not attracted to this sort of male, because I see and meet at least 31 of them a week. And now that we're on tour, that number jumps up at least 4 times. So... that means 124 times per week I am subjected to this unattractive fashion disaster. I guess this lack of style sense must be doing something for them, because no matter where we seem to travel (even middle of nowhere Kansas/any college town USA), boys in tight girl's jeans appear everywhere I turn my head.

I could go on and on, but I will limit my words (and your mind's eye) on this subject for now. Maybe because it's Valentine's Day my senses are heightened...

Presently we are in the town of Columbia, Missouri, home of the Mizzou Tigers. For some reason, it took awhile to actually find the Mizzou campus... but as Dann and I were exploring the streets of downtown, we glimpsed white pillars, tall brick buildings, and flags in the distance (all pretty good signs of a university) - and the exploration began. The experience was beautiful, and I felt more educated simply by walking in the midst of all the stressed out students.

By the way, folks here in Columbia are not as kind as those in KC. It seemed as though we needed constant reminders from other drivers' horns that (1) we are from Colorado, (2) are pulling a large white trailer, and (3) don't always know where we're going (even though, yes, we do have a GPS).

The boys just took us out for a delicious dinner at a place called Tellers, where we enjoyed sweet potato fries, wine, and chocolate cake. Now we're back at MoJo's, the venue of the evening. There's a pretty decent crowd, and thankfully the band playing now is not as miserable as the first one (hence, our dinner departure). Oh - and they just announced it is their last song. So, it's almost game time for us... after our set, we're on to Springfield.

I kind of like this blogging thing...

4 comments:

Kim for the Kings said...

And I LOVE following you along the way...

kate said...

i actually dig girl jeans on boys.
im trying to get noah into it.
but he says no. haha.
oh well.

I POSTED SOMETHING FOR THE BAND ON MY BLOG!!! check it out.

http://kategoodell.blogspot.com/

kate said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Moving Rushmore said...

"I am so tired of seeing boy's tighty-whity/colored underwear hanging 6 inches out of their tight girl-jeans. (Thanks Reid and Dann for having more taste than that)." I'll second that.