Sunday, February 24, 2008

day 15: okc part 4

(Shortest post ever because I'm actually writing this the day after, and can't remember much): This morning Tif and I played at Joel's church, followed by lunch from a pretty amazing Soul Food place, saying our goodbye's to new friends, loading the car and trailer, and making our way to Dallas!

God bless Texas. I never thought I'd say it, but I am sooo happy to be here! Not only is it the first warm weather we've had (ie: higher than 35), but this is a familiar place with familiar people. I'm pretty much all about the Lone Star State right now, and I'm not going to lie.

We had our own Oscar party (Reid discovered for the first time that the Oscars and the Academy Awards are, in fact, the same thing...awww...) and cheered when Glen and Marketa won for best song.

And then slept in actual, real beds! The end.

2 comments:

Moving Rushmore said...

And how about that Jon Stewart letting her back on stage to give her acceptance speech. Great song.

Shutterbugg02 said...

You're so fun to read!!

Oh, and Texas rocks... WHOOOP!!