Sunday, February 17, 2008

day 8: memphis part 2

Today was fully engaging and I loved it! However, my mind is not fully engaged at the moment, as I am exhausted and have yet to encounter a full night's sleep.

But, since I know at least 2 people are reading this (ie: Juli and Dann), I'll wait a few minutes before going to bed to attempt typing some words for you...

In celebration of Black History Month, we went to church today. (Well, okay, for other reasons too.) Our good friend and favorite speaker, Bryan Lorrits, is the pastor of a church here in Memphis that is focused on racial diversity... today he spoke on Jesus and OJ Simpson. Very compelling stuff - in fact, the thought crossed my mind that maybe I should even move to Memphis, just to hear Bryan speak on a weekly basis. (That thought passed quickly.)

The rest of the day was spent in great conversation full of laughter and accompanied by great food. Bryan and his family brought over BBQ only to be found in Memphis... then later we went over to my friends' Jon and Lesleigh's house for a de-licious dinner. It hit me how surreal yet very cool it is for good friends from my past (Jon was a friend from Baylor) to interact and be apart of my present life (or something like that).

Okay, that's it for now...................

7 comments:

Emily Malloure said...

just so you know, you have at least 3 people that read your blog. I read it every day!

Kezza said...

Me four! :-)

Harley Willys said...

me, five. Love, Dad

shauna said...

i look forward to it every night. :) does that make me lame? maybe but i love you!

mandy said...

me too! me too!

Brooke said...

yeah seriously...you have a lot of people reading and following along...see you soon in the big D!!

Melissa said...

#9! Yep. I read it too. And I love it.